Vintage

Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Bigger on the Inside.

As some of you may remember, I wrote a post a while back featuring my Doctor Who inspired scarf.  It was a great way to show off my fandom and was a lot of fun to make.

For those of you who may not know, the Doctor travels around in his TARDIS, which is a time-travel space ship.
Essentially it looks like this:
Picture from Wikipedia.  That's credible, right?


The TARDIS is an iconic piece of "Doctor Who" for fans everywhere.  It is instantly recognizable. 

I'm not sure where I got this. Oops.  (I love the Tenth Doctor, by the way.)

The other day a wild idea popped into my head.  "If I can't make a real TARDIS, why not make the closest thing to it?" I thought.
Yesterday saw the idea take form.  Eight hours, three empty spools, and a broken needle later, I have this.



Quite possibly the Coolest Thing Ever Made.

It is made of twill fabric and is quilted in the design of the TARDIS's panels.


I kept the design relatively simple.  I didn't want to go overboard on the details; I just wanted the basic, instantly-recognizable look.


I made an adjustable strap, which (embarrassingly) took me forever to work out how to put it together. :}

Here is my TARDIS bag with my Doctor Who favorites: the mini scarf and my journal that looks like River Song's journal (Spoilers!).


And for those of you who are wondering if it's bigger on the inside, come and see for yourself.  :)

4 comments:

  1. Woooooooaaaahhhhh this has me totally geeked out. This is...AHHHH!!!!! Mind if I borrow your idea??? This is the best thing ever!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course you can use this idea! Apparently I'm not the only one who has made this, so you don't have to ask for copyright. ;)
      Have a blast!

      Delete
  2. Do doubt about it - definitely the coolest thing ever made!!! I LOVE it!!!! You did a great job! :D

    ReplyDelete