|Some marking paper and a wheel help tremendously!|
|Count 'em. Twelve!|
I used the pattern on the left to make sleeves. I figured it would be cooler if I didn't have to wear a blouse underneath a sleeveless dress. I tried to be creative with my sleeves, but it didn't work. I wanted to gather them and put cute little buttons on the side. However, the binding I made wasn't long enough and it didn't fit my arm. So I trimmed the sleeves.
|Bad angle. Sorry.|
The odd angle of this picture is a result of me trying to hide how very messy my room was at this point. Having an ironing board in my room didn't help matters much either. ;) Anyway, this is the front bodice. The bodice was empire waist style. After I had most of the dress completed, I discovered that the neckline was much too wide. I decided to add yet more darts to the front and back of the neckline, as you can see from the pictures below.
|The front darts as seen from the inside.|
|The front darts as seen from the outside.|
Pictures of the whole dress to come later!